July 23rd, 2022
This is a "Midwest Sounds" recording (MWS164)
Lineage: Audience Recording using Zoom H2 internal mics > SD Card > PC > Mastered in Adobe Audition > Track splitting using CD Wave Editor > Compressed to FLAC Level 8 using dBpoweramp > Tagged with MP3 Tag
-Feel free to re-master, share freely anywhere else, convert to MP3, just never ever sell it. Also, if you like this show, please support the artist by buying/streaming their music, buying a ticket to a show or buying merch.
More pictures here: Link
3. 817 Oakland Avenue
6. Remember Me If I Forget
7. 1922 Blues
8. Last of the Better Days Ahead
9. I Wish I Was a Mole in the Ground (Trad.)
10. I Ain't Dead Yet
11. Sporting Life Blues (Brownie McGhee cover)
13. Running, Jumping, Standing Still ("Spider" John Koerner cover)
15. Duncan and Brady (Trad.)
16. On Stealing a Sailboat
17. Kentucky Blues (Little Hat Jones cover)
18. Old Blue (Trad.)
19. Prodigal Son (Robert Wilkins cover)
21. Rocky Raccoon (The Beatles cover)
22. Ain't No Grave (Brother Claude Ely cover)
An easily confused and very shy individual, Charlie Parr has been traveling around singing his songs ever since leaving Austin Minnesota in the 1980's in search of Spider John Koerner, whom he found about 100 miles north at the Viking Bar one Sunday night. The experience changed his life, made him more or less unemployable, and brings us to now: 13 recordings, 250 shows a year or more, 200,000 miles on a well broke in Kia, and a nasty fear of heights. Resonator fueled folk songs from Duluth Minnesota.
Tapers notes: This is the last set from Muskie Days 2022, and Charlie Parr seemed the appropriate musician to close out the weekend. Great setlist, and as usual, Charlie knocks it out of the park.