July 22nd, 2023
This is a "Midwest Sounds" recording (MWS248)
Lineage: Audience Recording using Zoom H2 internal mics + Soundboard > SD Card > Mastered in Adobe Audition > Aligned in Audacity > Track splitting using CD Wave Editor > Compressed to FLAC Level 8 using dBpoweramp > Tagged with MP3 Tag
-Feel free to re-master, share freely anywhere else, convert to MP3, just never ever sell it. Also, if you like this show, please support the artist by buying/streaming their music, buying a ticket to a show or buying merch.
-Thanks as always to Charlie Parr for allowing me to record.
2. St. James Infirmary Blues (Trad.)
3. 817 Oakland Avenue
4. Last of the Better Days Ahead
7. Old Dog Blue (Jim Jackson cover)
8. Running, Jumping, Standing Still ("Spider" John Koerner cover)
9. Cheap Wine
10. 1922 Blues
11. When I'm Dancin' This Is How I Dance
12. Easy Rider Blues (Blind Lemon Jefferson cover)
13. Over the Red Cedar
15. On Stealing a Sailboat
17. Rocky Raccoon (The Beatles cover)
19. There Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down (Brother Claude Ely cover)
Charlie Parr is an incorruptible outsider who writes novelistic, multi-layered stories that shine a kaleidoscopic light on defiant, unseen characters thriving in the shadows all around us. Parr has a new record with only his name on it, and it isn’t shiny and perfect and commercial and catchy. It’s him. It’s pure Charlie Parr and that’s enough. He hasn’t moved to LA or Nashville; he’s stayed in the cold grey north of Minnesota, because that’s his home.
Tapers notes: Set 9/10 from Muskie Days 2023. Great show as always from Charlie, great sound on this one as well.
"Got a mind to ramble, got a mind to roam
I’m travelin’ light and I’m slow coming home"