Aug. 19th, 2023
This is a "Midwest Sounds" recording (MWS256)
Lineage: Audience Recording using Zoom H2 internal mics + Soundboard > Tascam DR-60D > SD Card > Mastered in Adobe Audition > Aligned in Audacity > Track splitting using CD Wave Editor > Compressed to FLAC Level 8 using dBpoweramp > Tagged with MP3 Tag
-Feel free to re-master, share freely anywhere else, convert to MP3, just never ever sell it. Also, if you like this show, please support the artist by buying/streaming their music, buying a ticket to a show or buying merch.
2. Keep on the Sunny Side (The Carter Family)
3. Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy (Trad.)
4. (Wreck of) the Julia Plante (William Henry Drummond cover)
5. Summertime Blues (Eddie Cochran cover)
6. Spancil Hill (Trad.)
7. My Love Follows You Where You Go (Lori McKenna cover)
8. Custer's Last Stand (Howard Kaylan & Mark Volman cover)
9. The Ookpik Waltz (Frankie Rodgers cover)
10. Ride On (Jimmy MacCarthy cover)
Sherry Zeisel- Vocals, Guitar
Tom Monsen- Vocals, Banjo, Recorder
Julie Monsen- Vocals, Bass
Mary Monsen- Fiddle
Jim Monsen- Vocals, Cajon
Tapers notes: Part of the Butterfield Threshing Bee. Good recording, there is a lot of buzzing in quieter parts, but it's not a recording flaw, there were a lot of Cicadas out that day and they were very vocal. This was one of the hottest days of the summer, it was over 100 degrees pretty much the whole day until the sun went down, but luckily we found a spot in the shade, and it made the day bearable. Huge thanks to sound engineer Tom Stoneking for being helpful the whole day and allowing me to connect to the soundboard.
"Got a mind to ramble, got a mind to roam
I’m travelin’ light and I’m slow coming home"